EAI International Conference on Interoperability in IoT
All attendees of the conference have free access to all three days (27, 28, and 29 October ) of the IOT360 Summit
WITH THE OPEN PASS TICKET YOU CAN ATTEND ALL CO-LOCATED CONFERENCES
After some market consolidation happening mostly between 2011 and 2013, IoT products are now hitting the market across all segments: consumer (wearables, home automation), commercial (HVAC, parking) and industrial (industrial process control, supervision). Often driven by the fear to “fall behind”, small and large companies push their engineering teams to productize solutions quickly. If those companies choose to implement standards-based products, the compliance testing, interoperation testing and labeling of their product may take over a year, which is often unacceptable giving todays rush-to-market. Companies therefore often go for in-house proprietary solutions, which can be developed and tested much faster.
The result is that the market is highly fragmented: a large number of non-interoperable solutions are being installed, eventually leading to increased cost, inefficiencies, customer frustration, and a rate of adoption of the IoT much slower than the numbers touted by analysts. The market is now at a state where we need to think about interoperability. What does it take to make different IoT solutions seamlessly integrate with one another? Are there architectures and tools one could develop to speed up interoperability testing? If interoperability isn’t feasible or desired, can we at least build in mechanisms for different product to coexist?
The goal of this conference is to bring together practicing engineers and advanced researchers to share the state-of-the-art around interoperability in the IoT, analyse what is needed, and identify the work that lies ahead to increase the number of interoperable IoT products.
- We are happy to inform you that our Keynote speaker at the conference this year will be Prof. Dr.-Ing. Carsten Bormann
- The event is endorsed by the European Alliance for Innovation, a leading community-based organization devoted to the advancement of innovation in the field of ICT and will be co-located with the IOT360 Summit;
- Participation in this event will give attendees the unique opportunity to be exposed to all technical scientific aspects of IoT related topic areas at co-located conferences, as well as be able to have full access to the IoT market place and business aspects in practice at the IOT 360 Summit.
- Accepted papers will be published in the InterIoT Conference Proceedings and by Springer-Verlag in the Lecture Notes of ICST (LNICST). The proceedings will be available both in book form and via the SpringerLink digital library, which is one of the largest digital libraries online and covers a variety of scientific disciplines.
- The proceedings are submitted for inclusion to the leading indexing services: DBLP, Google Scholar, Thomson Scientific ISI Proceedings, EI Elsevier Engineering Index, CrossRef, Scopus, as well as ICST's own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
- Best Papers will be considered for publication in the ACM/Springer Mobile Networks and Applications Journal (MONET) , http://eai.eu/transaction/internet-things and Special Issue on Engineering Future Interoperable and Open IoT Systems
To read an interview with the general chair Dr. Mitton, please visit our blog.